Re: mod_mem_cache & mod_disk_cache Issues

On 8/20/07, Paul <paul.marsh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am having a heck of a time with getting mod_cache to work properly.
> I am trying to have it cache a mixture of static files and proxy
> generated content.
>
> I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.
>
> First with mod_mem_cache I am seeing entries in my logs like the
> following for a URL content generated by a proxy-balancer backend :

Are you using mem_cache and disk_cache simultaneously? Why?

I'd recommend focusing on disk_cache, which is better tested and ofter
more performant than mem_cache anyway.

> Secondly my mod_disk_cache is not storing pages for the amount of time
> specified. I can see that perhaps some requests get sent to the
> backend and before it can reply a second one comes in.

This issue has been discussed on the dev list at some length. There is
really no easy way to handle it. You don't really want to hold all the
other requests waiting for the first to finish. And if you try to
stream the cached content to the other requests, you wind up in big
trouble if something goes wrong with the first request.

Joshua.