Re: ProxyPassReverse doesn't work for redirected sites.

On 8/18/07, Mario Herrera <correo.greencore.co.cr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have this configuration:
>
>         ServerName cid.ulatina.com
>
>         <Proxy *>
>                 Order deny,allow
>                 Allow from all
>         </Proxy>
>
>         ProxyPass / http://www.mdconsult.com/
>         ProxyPassReverse / http://www.mdconsult.com/
>

> When I try http://cid.ulatina.com in my browser the site
> http://www.mdconsult.com redirect me automatically  to another site inside
> the same domain, like www.mdconsult.com/php/homepage.
>
> At this moment the URL of my browser has been changed to this second site,
> and I lose my ProxyPassReverse.

I briefly looked at your site, and it uses a complicated chain of
redirects to check cookies and do auth stuff. My guess is that one of
these redirects is not a true HTTP redirect (using the Location HTTP
response header), but rather some javascript code that asks the
browser to do the redirect. ProxyPassReverse acts only on the Location
header, and therefore the javascript will still point to the wrong
place.

You may (or may not) be able to rewrite the javascript on-the-fly
using mod_proxy_html.

Joshua.