To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:23 PM
Subject: Re:  Problem

On 8/12/07, Shakeel Ahmad <shakeel.ahmad215@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using internet through LAN. I have installed Apache server 2.0.59.

After installation when i started the service, it was successfully started.
but when i try to open http://localhost it does'nt open it.

the msg in errorlog file is:

"[Sun Aug 12 14:49:27 2007] [error] (OS 10022)An invalid argument was
supplied.  : Child 896: Encountered too many errors accepting client
connections. Possible causes: dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN
or firewall software. Try using the Win32DisableAcceptEx directive."

Now the server shows that it is running but http://localhost or
http://127.0.0.1 is not working in my browser. i have disabled windows
firewall, and my NOD32 Antivirus but it is still not working.

Often it is necessary to completely uninstall any antivirus or
third-party firewall in order to get rid of their broken networking
apis. But the Apache workaround, as the error message says, is to add
the directive "Win32DisableAcceptEx" to httpd.conf.

if i try to run the apache server through "DOS" it gives the following
error.

"(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port) is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs"

If the server is already running as a service then you can't start it
again from the cmd prompt. You'd need to shut down the service first.

Joshua.