Re: Problem while installaing mod_prox_html via apxs

On 13/08/07, via.lej@xxxxxxx <via.lej@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using 1.3 because this is the officialy stable release of apache.

Have a read of the section headers here: http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi

1.3 is officially old :)

> I'm just trying to access to https://localhost:3000 through http://myserver/site/ (which redirect to https://myserver/site/ in order to handle https://localhost:3000).

Same way on all major versions, just

ProxyPass /site/ https://localhost:3000/
ProxyPassReverse /site/ https://localhost:3000/

Caveats..

I'm not sure if some other directive is needed to reverse proxy to
https, but anyway it's likely not what you want to do. Why accept an
insecure external connection only to waste cpu cycles encrypting it on
the loopback interface?

Changing the base uri in a reverse proxy usually causes problems
unless you're able to tell the backend somehow that its base uri isn't
'/'. mod_proxy_html solves this (in modern apache versions :) but it
should be the last option you go for, simple because it would be more
efficient to get the backend to generate html urls correctly rather
than munging html in the proxy.

--
noodl