About the setting of the Security Console MySQL & XAMPP Directory Protection

Hello,how are you all doing?

well I am new here and i'm trying to set the Security Console MySQL & XAMPP Directory Protection through the url .

My question might sound to you foolish but please forgive me...

In the MySQL Section, 2 radio button options appear for the  PHPMyAdmin Authentification .I should check a specific button-i mean it is for everybody the same option and if yes which option ?   cookie or http?And what each option serves?

And In the Security Risk :Safe Plain password in textfile checkbox :means that if i check the box my password will be saved in plain text in the according file ?

As far as the Xampp Directory Protection is concerned in the field username i must enter root -so that it is in accordance with the MySQL Section?Or I should use another different?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for these questions but I really don't know what to do...

Thanks a lot in Advance

Yours,faithfully