Re: Riddle Me This

The reason I blame Apache is because if you visit...

http://74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/

...to which http://www.goodsexnetwork.com/ has been forwarded, you do not
see the screen flashing.

So, with...

http://www.goodsexnetwork.com/

...you see screen flashing, and the "View Source" has the FRAMESET and FRAME
nonsense that Apache inserted.

With...

http://74.102.141.248/goodsexnetwork/

...you don't see screen flashing, and the "View Source" shows the actual
HTML for my webpage. No FRAMESET or FRAME stuff.

What am I supposed to deduce from this? I'm certainly not adding the
FRAMESET/FRAME stuff. Who is?

-----------

As for the proxy location, it does not have to be a publicly accessible
website. In fact, that's the whole idea behind reverse proxy--to let Apache
decide where (which server) to route HTTP requests. These servers will
typically be behind a firewall where the public can't get at them.

Privacy/Legal works because Apache is being used to serve all static files,
whereas Seaside is just the web application itself providing the dynamic
user interactions.

The reason www.goodsexnetwork.com is not yet properly mapped in DNS is
because I'm still in the development phase, not ready for deployment. My
server at 74.102.141.248 is just a test platform, which BTW is not up all
the time (because I'm not testing all the time).

Regards,
Richard

-------------------
Lester Caine wrote:

I don't believe this has anything to do with apache? I think what ever you
are using to create your site is creating the frames, to allow it to do some
of the other effects. Seaside seems to be the culprit on my reading of the
source.

Also as I understand it, the proxy location has to be a real alternative
site publicly accessible. I get localhost:9090 can not be found when I try
to follow links to your own other pages. privacy/legal works because it's
not being mapped to loaclhost:9090

My own website is on a local machine with a fixed IP address, but until I
had home.lsces.co.uk properly mapped in DNS everybody kept seeing the IP
address much like you are getting. I think that you should be using
www.goodsexnetwork.com/ in the proxy so that apache returns that rather than
the ip address.

I stand to be corrected as I'm still learning myself ;)