Re: Problem with SSL

Hi,

Yes, I have OpenSSL installed and also have .key and .crt  files at
the correct place. I am not an administrator on this machine and only
have root privileges on apache tree so don't exactly know if apache
was installed with --enable-ssl option. I used "httpd -l" to get a
list of compiled modules and it DOES NOT show mod_ssl.so. Does this
mean that apache was not compiled with mod_ssl???

To specify the SSL configuration, I use <IfModule mod_ssl> rather than
<IfDefine SSL> which allows to me use ./apachectl startssl rather than
to specify -DSSL flag...

I looked at the error logs and found that, I have the following error
"Invalid method in request \x80=\x01\x03". After this I also checked
my ssl.conf and found that I do have "SSLEngine on" in the virtual
host but  My guess is that there is some problem with SSLEngine which
causes https requests to be dealt by http causing an error....

Your thoughts on this please...:-)

cheers

junaid