From: Rob Wilkerson [mailto:r.d.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:44 PM
To: ML : Apache
Subject:  Redirecting All Traffic to Homepage

A customer of mine has a website for an annual event that just ended.
She's asking me to effectively disable all pages other than the index
page.  Rather than find and rename each one or some other such hack,
I'd rather create a simple redirect in an .htaccess file but I haven't
been successful with anything I've tried so far.  I'm hoping someone
here can help.

I'd like to redirect any page request to /index.html except, of
course, for requests to /index.html.  Everything I've tried seems to
ignore that last requirement and throw me into an infinite loop.  I've
tried the Rewrite & RewriteMatch directives so far.  I'd like to avoid
the overhead of mod_rewrite, but will go that way if it's my only
option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob Wilkerson