Re: mod_rewrite in .htaccess but without allowing to set the ErrorDocument

On 7/30/07, Samuel Vogel <samy-delux@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, we earn our money with the error pages.
> But we would still like to allow mod_rewrite. If somebody is clever
> enough to replicate the ErrorDocument directive with mod_rewrite it
> would be very complicated...
> So is there no way to "lock" the Error Pages, oder allow mod_rewrite
> without "AllowOverride FileInfo" ?

No, it would not be complicated to replicate ErrorDocument with
mod_rewrite. It is a simple variation on a standard mod_rewrite
recipe.

You may, however, be able to get the effect you're looking for by
putting the ErrorDocument in a <Location /> section as described here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/htaccess.html#how

Joshua.