RE: HTTP Error: "Website declined to show this webpage."

look here ----------^

> <Directory "C:/Users/Lamartin/My Website">

then here -------------^

These characters are not the same ("l" != "L").

I know this probably doesn't matter when using native windows
applications, but I rather think it might when apache tries to match the
directory name (from windows) with the UserDir argument. If the real
windows name has "L", then it won't match this string.

Find out what the canonical path is and set this directive to match it
exactly.

>     AllowOverride None
>     Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes ExecCGI
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> <IfModule dir_module>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.cgi index.pl
> </IfModule>
>
> Next, the results:
>
> With URL: http://localhost/lamartin/
> ERROR [Thu Jul 26 14:15:13 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> File does not
> exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/lamartin

This is to be expected - so everything is working fine.

> With URL: http://localhost/~lamartin/
> ERROR [Thu Jul 26 14:16:18 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
> File does not
> exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/~lamartin

This looks like the UserDir directives are not being applied, which
would be the case if the directory names don't match...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle