From: Deephay [mailto:tudoxxx@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:38 PM
To: users-httpd
Subject:  determine FQDN problem

Greetings all,

I always have a annoying message when I tried to start the apache httpd:

"apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName"

but actually I have the directive:

"ServerName hostname"

in my virtual host config file, and I have the DNS record for the
hostname pointing to 127.0.0.1, if I move the line to apache.conf,
then this message disappears. Could anybody tell me why? thanks.

Deephay