Re: Re: trouble sending environmental variable

On 7/24/07, JJ <josh8912@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- JJ <josh8912@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I tried ading SeEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /path at the end of my httpd.conf file, and I also
> tried adding PASSEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I stoped and
> started hpptd again, both from the Services gui in
> Fedora and via the apachestl script in a terminal.
> None of these seem to fix the problem.

Just a little more information:  I can verify that the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and other variables I set are now in
the environment by using print os.environ in my python
cgi script.  But still I get the error that the
library path file cannot be found.  The library file
itself has permission for others to read it.  Can
anyone suggest any other things to try to get
Apache/python to find this *.so file?

As Owen pointed out, you need to make sure that the env variable is
set in the shell that starts apache. Check the envvars script that
apachectl calls.

Joshua.