Re: Force to Push data from a reverse proxy

On 7/24/07, Jean-Baptiste Mayer <jb@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a trouble using a reverse proxy:

Server A (HTTP) <---> Reverse-Proxy (apache-2.0) <---> Client

The client is a java application that displays real time financial data that
uses HTTP as transport.

Without the reverse proxy in the middle, everything is working fine.

Using the reverse proxy, we loose the real time aspect of the application
because data come once in a while (every ten seconds or so) by "big chunks".

Using a tcpdump of the session, here is what we have:

From Server A to Reverse-Proxy Server: a lot of small size packets (about 95
bytes) of HTTP payload, a TCP push is used for each frame.

From the reverse proxy server to the Java client: we can see packets but
more seldom, HTTP payload of 1380 bytes.

Reverse proxy Apache seems to always want to "bufferize" at least the number
of bytes equivalent to a frame.

Does any one know an option to disable this functioning and to push data to
the client every time the Server A pushes?

Have you looked at the ProxyIOBufferSize directive?

Joshua.