Re: Want to avoid 304 error

Joshua Slive escribió:

Interesting. If what you say is true, then it's a bug in apache, and
perhaps one that will be very difficult to fix. You should report it
to the bug database. The problem might be that the 304 response
doesn't contain a content-type header and therefore can't be activated
"ByType".

I'll report it. I'm not sure it's mandatory that server includes a 'Content-Type' header no matter the return code, I'll read about it if I hav enough time
Let's see the original and 304 response headers again under this
config. Do you have a conflicting Expires header? The Cache-Control:
max-age should take precedence, but I wouldn't be surprised if a
user-agent didn't do that correctly, since it would be pretty-rare to
see them conflict.

Also, I suspect that this config would work better:
<LocationMatch "\.js$">
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 minutes"
</LocationMatch>

Ok, you're right once again. I should have a conflict. The Firefox cache expiry date update problem is resolved (in fact, it seems that there was never a problem here, but an error of mine). And your solution is better, because I suppose it includes an 'Expires' header, compatible with possible http 1.0 browsers.

Thanks a lot for your helpful posts