Apache error(s) question

Hi, we are getting the following errors on one of our internal Apache servers.

Microsoft Event Viewer:

Faulting application httpd.exe, version 2.2.4.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00001010.

Sometimes the Apache server comes up a windows crash when it boots.

Apache Error Log:

Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.

This error occurs very frequently.

In my research on google, I found some comments about this error that had something to do with php5ts.dll not being in the path. It is in the path, but perhaps it needs to also be in some folder under Apache?

Any suggestions that could be of help in troubleshooting this problem would be helpful.

This internal apache server is running on windows xp. When a user connects in a certain way to our web server, the web server contacts our internal server which calls an executable. The requests to the internal server are serialized, so there should not be multiple simultanious calls to the executable from the external web server, although there is a possibility that the requests are simply coming in too fast.

Thanks,

Joel