Re: Using mod_headers to modify an existing header

On 7/16/07, Van Der Hart, Kevin <kvanderhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are terminating an SSL session on a load balancer in front of an
Apache web server. Things work fine except for a few portions of the app
running behind Apache (compiled 3rd party program which we have no
source access to) sends some 302 redirect responses with a location
header that has http instead of https. If the request to Apache is https
the app can tell and will send https redirects but since Apache is only
doing http, that's all it returns for the redirects. I know how to add,
set, and unset headers with mod_header. Is it possible to check for the
location header and if it exists with http://host1.domain.com/... change
it to https://host1.domain.com/... for all response headers?

I doubt that mod_headers is going to be able to modify Location.

However, although I haven't tried it, you might be able to fix this
with the (unfortunately undocumented) Protocol directive:

ServerName host1.domain.com:443
Protocol https
UseCanonicalName On

Joshua.