Re: Bug or configure error with mod_dbd and pgsql using Apache 2.2.3

Ah yes... apparently, I assumed that CentOS5 had the latest which for
them is 2.2.3... and the real question of updating httpd rests with
CentOS/RHEL then it does with apache... :-(

I have to make a special install on a test box to see if mod_dbd
changes fixes my issues. Should I use httpd 2.2.4 and change just the
mod_dbd.c file, or use the trunk? Which is more useful? Also, since
the patch was written in 2006, why did it not make it into the 2.2.4
release? Its hard for me to believe that this wasn't something I was
doing as it effectively breaks it for anyone wanting to use pooled
database connections during the authentication.

On 7/16/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ned Wolpert wrote:
> This may be a stupid question... when is 2.2.4 being released? Is
> there a roadmap for Apache's httpd?

Foolish, maybe.  http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/ - January?

2.2.5 is likely this summer, in spite of so many people's holidays.

Amsterdam (3.0?) is in-the-works, mod_ssl-fips is in the works, mod_ftp
initial release is in the works, but none of these have any particular pace
or timetable.  There may or may not be a 2.4.0 before 3.0, depending on how
radical the ready-to-release features really are.

Bill

Virtually, Ned Wolpert
http://www.codeheadsystems.com/blog/

"Settle thy studies, Faustus, and begin..."   --Marlowe