Re: Maintaing the URL when Rewriting

On 7/12/07, Naveen Sharma <mailatnaveen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This URL is not hitting the action to which the forward is done.
Its the initaial URL which gets hit from the Appserver.
The issue here is that the action is not being called with the Rewrite
Module.
Aas a result of which I am getting 404 error message.
The rewrite is not happening at the Apache end.
Navin

If I were you, I would create a simple html file test.html and
(temporarily) change the RewriteRule to

 RewriteRule ^(.*)-hotels$ test.html

This way you can see whether the problem is in the action script/page,
or in mod_rewrite. If the problem is in mod_rewrite (i.e. if you don't
see test.html), it's best to turn the RewriteLog on. This might give
you an idea about what's going wrong.

Martijn.