mod_cache setup

Hello

I'm trying to figure out if my simple mod_cache setup is working. I compiled the mod_cache modules (mod_cache, mod_disk_cache and mod_mem_cache) and put together a simple configuration. The server starts up without a murmur, but I'm not sure that the caching is actually taking place.

In my first test, I disabled the mem_cache by commenting it out in the configuration, and wrapping its directives with an IfModule, like so:

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
  CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
  CacheDefaultExpire 120
  CacheEnable mem http://192.168.1.100:80/test
  MCacheSize 32768
  MCacheMaxObjectCount 100
  MCacheMinObjectSize 1
  MCacheMaxObjectSize 1048576
</IfModule>

My mod_disk_cache setup looks like this:

<IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
  CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
  CacheDefaultExpire 300
  CacheRoot /apprel/tmp/htcache
  CacheEnable disk http://192.168.1.100:80/test
</IfModule>

I only make one of the above modules available (LoadModule) at a time, along with mod_cache itself.

The /apprel/tmp/htcache directory is available to the apache user. In the htdocs/test directory I have a simple html page. When I make a browser request to that directory, the page is loaded. I immediately make a change to the page, and reload it in the browser. The new page loads, despite the fact that the 2 minutes are far from up.

I get the same result when I switch to mod_mem_cache.

I can't seem to find anything wrong with my config (I tried some bogus cach directives, and the server wouldn't start, so I know that the mod_cache pieces are there). I don't see anything in the logs to let me believe that something is amiss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
Wayne