Re: Mod Rewrite - Modify Website

On 07/07/07, Nainil Chheda <nainil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any Mod Rewrite Rule or any other Rule which would allow me to put
a "header file" in all the web pages without me modifying the contents of
each web pages?

mod_rewrite rewrites URLs and other aspects of requests like
environment variables, it doesn't ever alter response bodies.  There
are various modules able to alter responses of varying complexity,
split between those which are markup-aware and thereby able to insert
content at arbitrary points in a html response and those which simply
prepend or append to the response. Have a hunt around for
mod_publisher and mod_layout as examples.

Can I do something in the ".htaccess" file example for that?

Depends on the solution you chose. However this isn't generally an
area where htaccess files fit, given the need for general server
access to install the module.

An alternative solution if you don't mind doing some programming
legwork is to use the Action directive with a cgi-style script which
would receive the request along with an indication of the requested
(existent) file.

--
noodl