Re: Setting cookies by a website

On 04/07/07, ramakrishnaprasad.annasamudram@xxxxxxxxx
<ramakrishnaprasad.annasamudram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We are trying to  read the cookie information from the browser settings and act on that  information.But we are facing a problem here.The cookie set by our test server  webpage is different from the test server of the client,though in effect we both  are accessing the same page.The only difference is we tested in our server using  IE, and on the client side we had to use Mozilla.If my explanation of the  problem is clear,what i wanted to know is 'can the browser type(ie Vs Mozilla)  affect the way the cookie is set?'.Pardon me i am new to apache and it is all  learning on the job for me.

The only time I've seen MSIE and Firefox treat cookies differently was
when somebody had mistakenly used a local dns name with an underscore
'_' in it. MSIE, ignored the underscore in the name and so the
hostname as seen by the two browsers differed. As a result, only
Firefox returned the cookie to the server. It could be argued that
MSIE was doing the right thing.

--
noodl