RE: limiting connections per ip address in apache2whenunder attack

I, for one, don't , either.

The thing is, if the IP changes too much, blocking on an IP-to-know basis
can generate too many rules.
Blocking the subnet is easier, but tougher on the innocent.

In this case, what DNSSTUFF says is that the IP is the range 88 to 95, which
means that you can block
218.4.152.88 netmask 255.255.255.248
or
218.4.152.88 / 29 (slash notation)