mod_coldfusion and general apache security

Hi,

I've got a couple of questions regarding mod_coldfusion and issues
running older versions of apache.

First of all, does anyone have a copy of the modified source code for
combining ColdFusion 5 and Apache 2? The official mod_coldfusion does
not interface between the two, however resources on the web suggest some
people wrote a modified (unsupported) version back in 2002. Being so
long ago, I've been unable to find the code on the web anywhere.

Given that a number of security flaws have arisen since Apache 2.0.52,
would anyone advise still using it? I do have a pre-compiled
mod_coldfusion module for that version, currently running on our old web
servers, which would be a quick fix for the problem. My feeling is that
we should completely drop the old version, as it is insecure and move to
the very latest. Does anyone think that running 2.0.52 is still ok on
live public facing web servers?

Cheers

Dave Hartburn

This email (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain
personal opinions which are not the views of Dovetail Services (UK)
Limited unless specifically stated.  If you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system.  Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.  Please note that:  * Dovetail Services (UK) Limited
monitors all emails sent or received, any further communication will
signify your consent to this.