httpd 2.2.4 crash in libapr / apr 1.2.8 / php 4.4.7

Hola folks,

I'm running into occasional "double free or corruption" and "free(): invalid pointer" errors and I'm not sure how to proceed. Attached are the backtraces from the three different occasions I've seen it so far. The problem seems to be happening in libapr, but I don't really understand how to interpret it.  I'm not sure what precipitated the faults, so as yet I can't reproduce them.

I've compiled just about everything from the original source tarballs:

Httpd 2.2.4
PHP 4.4.7
Mod_Perl 2.0.3
Embperl 2.2.0
Mod_Security 2.1.1
Suhosin 0.9.19
Subversion 1.4.3

Unmentioned modules included are all from the standard set. I can provide the full list if it's useful.

The server is running RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 x86_64 and I believe everything I've compiled is 64bit.

This is a lightly used server with folk currently doing dev work, but I was
hoping to replicate it for production and these crashes would be a show stopper.

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Matt