RE: Geolocation Question

Hey Joshua,

You're right except we don't use mod_proxy_balancer in conjunction with mod_proxy ... we use mod_rewrite with '[R]' directive and point to the mod_proxy_balancer worker to determine which server to externally redirect to. Does this make sense?

The reason we chose to do this was to take advantage of some of the nice features in mod_proxy_balancer (like session management, weighted load balancing, etc...). We are, however, not locked in to this solution. If something more efficient / easier to manage is out there we are definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks for your reply,

Jon