Re: Suspicious logging in access.log

On 6/14/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Asrai khn wrote:
> Hi from last few days i am getting the below in access.log, and also
> duno what had been changed this virtaul machine which is hosting our
> clients domains going unresponsive after running for few hours. before
> it was running cool from last 2 years.
> Version : httpd-2.2.4-2.fc6

Well, it isn't this attack...

%u0aeb

tells you it targets IIS, plus this hit the access logs.

You want to know which request kills things.  To find that out, you need
to load mod_log_forensic and capture all the requests as they arrive, and
see which ones run to completion v.s. which ones hang up the server.

Thanks,
Yes I am not worried about the logging google shows it IIS related, right i'll try to load mod_log_forensic and see what's going on under the hood.

Regards, Askar