Re: OS X Server - apple_auth_module & LDAP (Solved)

On Jun 15, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Bill Hernandez wrote:

HERE's what used to work with the LDAP users and groups

<Directory "/etc/apache/htdocs/private">
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
	AuthName "private"
	AuthType Basic
<Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS CONNECT POST PROPFIND PUT DELETE PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
		Require user  robert tommy
	</Limit>
	<Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS CONNECT POST>
		Require group  sales maintenance
	</Limit>
</Directory>

NOW it generates an error message : Authorization Required

I finally wrote a shell script to create two files, users and groups, which basically duplicates the LDAP users and groups, but is not a good solution, because it adds another level of things to do if there are any changes in LDAP users and groups :

	AuthUserFile /etc/apache/users
	AuthGroupFile /etc/apache/groups

SOLUTION :

I found that in order for "LoadModule apple_auth_module" to work correctly with the way the <Directory ...> is structured above, the users and groups have to be created at the "Local Directory" level, instead of at the "LDAP Directory" level.

Once I deleted users and groups from LDAP, and created them on the "Local Directory" via the WorkGroup Manager, all authentications in Apache began to work correctly. This is apparently where I had created the before I re-formatted and initialized the drive.

Anyway, this appears to have solved all my problems.

And
	AuthUserFile /etc/apache/users
	AuthGroupFile /etc/apache/groups

are no longer required...