From: jslive@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joshua
Slive
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:54 AM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Custom Logs

On 6/13/07, CHOKOLA, PETER J, ATTLABS <pc9840@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1) I used the existing LogFormat "combined" entry that came with the
> Apache httpd.conf install.
>

> LogFormat  "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b ........ combined
>

> 2) I then uncommented the corresponding CustomLog "combined" line that
> came with the Apache httpd.conf install:
>

> CustomLog logs/access_log combined
>

> 3) I then added some new parameters.
>

> 4) I then restarted Apache.  The new paramters did not show up.
>

> I also tried creating my own version with a different name other than
> "combined", but that did not work either.

Are you absolutely sure you are editing the correct config file?
I am  editing httpd.conf

Did you comment-out the existing CustomLog directive?
There were no other uncommented CustomLog directives (default httpd.conf
file).  Which is something that I do not understand.  How does the
default log type get set if the Custom Log is not used.  Is that built
into the Apache executable?  When I uncomment the CustomLog command,
does that cause the default log type to now be directed to the new
Custom Log?

Are you sure there are no other CustomLog directives in httpd.conf or
any Include'd config file?

I see that the ssl.log is included, but there are no LogFormat or
CustomLog directives there.

Joshua.