RE: Load Balancer Results in File Does Not Exist Errors

We have been able to determine that we can get the same behaviour from
the web server if we use the ip address rather than the server name.  So
the web server only passes requests off to the WebSphere plugin if the
server name is used and the request is coming in over https.  We did not
notice before the load balancer was installed because folks just
accessed the web apps via ssl and the server name.

http://servername/appname -- results in File not found
https://servername/appname -- activates the plugin
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -- brings up default web server page

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/appname -- results in File not found

https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/appname -- results in file not found

So how do we modify the config files to correct this?