Re: apache 2.2.4 and Windows Vista

Alain Roger wrote:
If i go to Services window, i can without problem stop and start the Apache2 service from the services list.
But i can not do it via apachemonitor GUI.

Look at this page http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Platform/WindowsVista this shows that there is still a known issue with the GUI tool on Vista.

So there is my problem...and i do not know how to solve it.

Alain

On 6/12/07, *William A. Rowe, Jr.* <wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:wrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Alain Roger wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a computer at work where i installed apache 2.2.4 on
    Windows Vista.
    > Till now, i did not have any problem, however i would like to
    restart
    > the service thanks the apachemonitor GUI.
    >
    > When i click on "stop" button, the service does not stop.
    > the same for restart button.

    Vista changes the permission model for service control; that's
    what I'm
    guessing you encountered.

Alain
Windows XP SP2