Re: setting MaxClients locally?

On 6/8/07, Tony Stevenson <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
An alternative to changing all your links, could be for you to use
reverse proxy.

i.e.

<Location /pdf>
    ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/
</Location>

This way you could ensure that the change is transparent to the end
user, and they remain on your server under your control.
However doing it this way you will only limit connections from the front
end server to the back end server.

This would be global to all users attempting to 'suck down' all your
files, but it will stop the server from being flattened in the process.

There is no easy way of doing what you want to do, directly that is,
without farming the work off to another httpd process, of some kind.

Thanks, Tony, and thank again Allen too. Your suggestions have been
great help and although there doesn't seem to be a 'quick and on the
fly' kind of solution I was looking for, I will definitely be able to
use the suggestion while setting up the new server.

Martijn.