Re: Apache Multi Process Limit

On 6/9/07, Angelo Bourik <jusanotherangel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 The problem is that I am able to get only two of these scripts running at
the same time. So it would still take me at least 5 days to get all the
results. The rest of the scripts just sit there in the server's backlog.
This is definitely due to Apache's limitation to handle multiple processes.
The server I am using to run this script as well the target webserver both
run on Apache2. I am sure it's not a problem with the receiving server. It
has to be my Apache web server which is running the scripts. I have tried
using mpm_winnt (on a windows server) as well as the prefork and worker
modules (on a linux server) without any luck. Has any of you ever faced the
same situation?

Lots of stuff there that doesn't make any sense to me.

What does an apache server on your end have to do with it? You are
talking about using a web CLIENT to access some else's server. So why
would apache have any role to play on the client end?

As for why you can only get two connections at a time, it would not at
all be unusual for there to be a two-connection-per-ip limit in a
firewall on the receiving end or in a client-side http library.

 PS: For those concerned about the legitimacy of this work, rest assured,
this is absolutely legit. There's nothing in the website's use policy which
restricts somebody from doing this. Moreover, my client hired me to do this
only because the website owners were not able to hand over the data he
required. They gave the stupid reason that they are helpless in providing
the data because they don't have a system in place which would allow them to
do a search restriction!

Regardless, unless you have explicit permission to do this kind of
thing, many people would find it abusive. You have no idea what kind
of load you are going to be putting on their databases, etc.

Joshua.