Re: Changeing the default web site

For what you want from virtual hosting - reading 'everything about virtual hosting' consists of the first few paragraphs of Apache's online help on virtual hosting and the paragraph on virtual hosting near the bottom of httpd.conf

David Segall <david@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Krist van Besien wrote:
> On 6/4/07, David Segall wrote:
>>

>> Krist van Besien wrote:
>> that
>> MythTV
>> I am
>> >
>> > I'm a bit confused here. You are the webmaster of MythTV.org? And how
>> > do you expect a webserver to have two default sites?
>> I'm sorry, I expressed that very badly. I am running the MythTV's
>> MythWeb _application_. It provides web access to _my_ MythTV server.
>
> Ok.
> If what you want is serving www.example.com and mythtv.example.com
> from the same apache server than what you need is to read everything
> about virtual hosting.
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/
I have managed to avoid that so far by using my domain name manager's
Web Fowarding facillity. It forwards www.example.com to example.com. I
even use it when I put a reference to a particular page on my site in a
Usenet post. I tell people to look at very_interesting.example.com and
the web forward takes them to
example.com./lengthy_directory_names/very_interesting.html.

Can't someone save me from "reading everything about virtual hosting"?