Re: Mutilayered Authentication

On 6/1/07, Liz Kim <lizkim270@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a question about multi-layered authentication.
Say there are 3 directories A, B and C
/A
/A/B
/A/B/C

1. Users with a login/password or on the <xxx.com > domain to be able to
access A:

<Directory /A>
 AuthUserFile a_passwd
 AuthType Basic
 Require valid-user
 order deny,allow
 deny from all
 allow from xxx.com
 Satisfy any
</Directory>

2. ONLY users on domain <yyy.com> are allowed to B:
<Directory /A/B>
 order deny,allow
 deny  from all
 allow from yyy.com
</Directory>

3. ONLY users on domain <zzz.com> are allow to C:
<Directory /A/B/C>
  order deny,allow
  deny  from all
  allow from zzz.com
 </Directory>

It appears that both 2 and 3 are not working correctly.  They still prompt
for a login/password acting like a "Satisfy any"...
When I tried to put "Satisfy All" for 2 and 3, even the users coming from an
allowed domain are prompted for a login/passwd.

There is no way to turn require off once it is on.

You can do
Require non-existant-user
in the subdirectories to make sure that nobody can every use a
password to enter. But you'll still get the auth prompt.

The only way around this would be to move the subdirectories to a
different part of the filesystem, and then Alias them back into the
proper place in the webspace. Then the auth directives wouldn't be
inherited.

Joshua.