Re: WAMP stack

# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost *:80
#VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for all requests that do not
# match a ServerName or ServerAlias in any <VirtualHost> block.
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    DocumentRoot /www/webapps/wordpress
    ServerName mydomain1.com
    ServerAlias www.mydomain1.com
    ErrorLog logs/mydomain1.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/mydomain1.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    DocumentRoot /www/webapps/joomla
    ServerName mydomain2.com
    ServerAlias www.mydomain2.com
    ErrorLog logs/mydomain2.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/mydomain2.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Jaqui Greenlees <jaqui_greenlees@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 5/29/07, Nat Colley wrote:
> >
> > I got a wamp stack from a developer, and I have
> not been able to make vhosts
> > work. While recognizing it is entirely possible I
> did something wrong, I
> > notice that in this configuration he has changed
> the files the web is served
> > content from htdocs to something else, and further
> aliased that to yet
> > another directory where the applications are. So
> mydomain1 and mydomain2
> > both go to the same page, and mydomain1/app2 comes
> up even though app2 is
> > supposed to be the content for mydomain2. I asked
> about this and he is being
> > unusually slow about responding. So here is my
> question: Can this webserver
> > configuration, by itself, keep vhosts from
> working? Thx.
>
> I find this question relatively hard to decipher.
>
> Virtual hosts will work if they are configured
> correctly. But you
> haven't given us any idea about how your vhosts are
> configured.
>
> Joshua.

Yes and no Joshua,
a friend of mine has 3 domains that his hosting
service has all mapped to the same virtual host, which
seems to be the main issue of the op.
I probably caught the question because of my friends
issue. :)
Until Nat, can get us the vhost configuration we can't
really answer what is wrong, since there are many ways
that the config could wind up pointing to the wrong
vhost.

Jaqui

Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca