Re: Is Win32 Apache ready for prime time?

--- morgan gangwere <0.fractalus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Morgan,

~snip~

> I have seen this with the mySQL connectivity in PHP
> - but its usually
> caused by NOT closing the connection to the MySQL
> server after you're done.

This is what I was referring to in my persistent
connections comment, but it can happen no matter what
database engine is being used.

> Remember, be a gentleman and close all your MySQL
> connections when
> you're done!

Exactly, the scripts are actually the cause of most
web exploits and server performance issues, not
configuration issues as a lot of people posting to
this list seem to think.

All this is actually better discussed off list, or on
a list focussed on the scripting / db best practices
rather than here. :)

Jaqui

Jeff Henager: "If the average user can put a CD in and boot the system and follow the prompts, he can install and use Linux. If he can't do that simple task, he doesn't need to be around technology."

Website: http://jaqui-greenlees.net