From: jslive@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:jslive@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joshua Slive
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:36 PM
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  question

On 5/30/07, Ravi Prakash <ravi.prakash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I want certificate based authentication among remotely located apache
>
>  modules just like client/server authentication. Does mod_ssl provides
>
>  any mechanism to do it?
>

>  If no, how can I authenticate a module to a remote module ?

Apache has no such thing as "remote module(s)". Please be more
specific about what you are trying to do.

(One guess is that you are using a reverse proxy to send requests from
one apache instance to another. In that case, yes, you should be able
to use certificate auth between the two servers. See the SSLProxy*
directives. But I've never done this myself so I don't know the
details.)

Joshua.