Re: Is Win32 Apache ready for prime time?

--- "Mark A. Craig" <mark.a.craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running Apache 2.2.4 with PHP 5 to enable my
> blog, and it's been
> very stable since I installed it in April.  The only
> beef I have is its
> tendency to keep slowly sucking RAM as the days roll
> by, so I've been
> resorting to restarting it on occasion to keep the
> usage low.  I don't
> know if it's a memory leak or just normal behavior
> for my situation and
> config, and I confess I haven't investigated it in
> any depth yet.

AFAIK, this isn't that uncommon, with windows itself.
You may need to adjust the memory management settings
for windows to resolve this. I know a number of people
who have the memory hog effect slowing their windows
systems down even without having a server on the
system, so even if apache didn't have very good memory
management it could still be windows.

The other issue is the php scripts, they might be
using keep-alive connections, which the sql server
backend could then be sucking resources causing the
slow response times. With enough resources eaten up,
no oftware will be completely stable, so whatever is
actually eating the resources is the cause of your odd
errors.

Jaqui