Re: httpd.conf for oracle app 10g

Red al tubor wrote:
Hello Guys,
I am new here, i am facing a problem in our Oracle Application Server 10g
... i configured httpd.conf in a recommended way from oracle...
The Problem is that when more than 500 session are opened the Server fails
down and the cpu is running full 100%....
httpd process in top takes 100% from the cpu???

Any idea about how it works and how can i manage the TCP/IP connection? or
Maximize the performance

Any idea guys...
Thanks in advance...
Regards,
RN

Hi,
Can you provide us with more information about your installation?

1. Are you running SSL?

2. What class (architecture, number of CPUs, physical configuration) of webserver platform?

If your server hardware is moderately recent (i.e. pentium 4 xeon-class) with enough memory, you should be able to handle hundreds of clients easily.  We run our Oracle AS frontends with 'MaxClients 1024' on dual-CPU xeon systems, hyperthreaded, and normally see a load average of about 1 with ~400 clients.  These also run SSL natively.

Thanks,
Josh