Re: Experience in mod_rewrite in Apache 2.2

Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 5/21/07, Dmitriy Gorbenko <bazil@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> And now, I did not understand how, by using only one
>> RewriteRule     ^(.+)$ ${rd:%{THE_REQUEST}}
>> rule and one programs, I can achieve such goal.
>
> I can't personally tell what question you are asking here. What
> exactly are you having problems with? Do you want help writing the
> external map program?
>
> As general advice, I'd avoid the external map program if possible.
> They tend to be complicated, fragile, and error-prone. Plus they are
> serialized, so they could become a bottleneck for your site.
>
> I bet you could accomplish the same thing use a dbm RewriteMap.
>
> Joshua.

Well, I'll try to explain: let's look at fictitious session between
server and client:

C:  GET http://ofiice.domain.com/document.html
S:  302 - http://login.domain.com/ (redirect method)
C:  GET http://login.domain.com/?username=aaa&passwd=bbb
S:  302 - http://office.domain.com/afjgn39nxnx8n3f29ss/document.html
(redirect method)
C:  GET http://office.domain.com/afjgn39nxnx8n3f29ss/document.html
S:  gives resource content (proxy method)

Clients tries to acces some document, but server want client to be
authenticated before. Server create some session-id
(afjgn39nxnx8n3f29ss), and client should use this session-id to access
resource office.domain.com. And later, than client send this session-id.
server will proxy such request to local network server, which is not
public, and which contains 'document.html' resource.

Or another example, where client, 1 hour later, tries to access the same
document:

C:  GET http://office.domain.com/afjgn39nxnx8n3f29ss/document.html
S:  302 - http://login.domain.com/ (redirect method)
C:  GET http://login.domain.com/?username=aaa&passwd=bbb
S:  302 - http://office.domain.com/jh43hkjshdfsdyhskdvc/document.html
(redirect method)
C:  GET http://office.domain.com/jh43hkjshdfsdyhskdvc/document.html
S:  gives resource content (proxy method)

I think I could do it using mod_rewrite, but now I understand, that I
can't: in apache config file I can create rules, which will makes an
decision: redirect or proxy request of client (R and P flags).
But by using external program I can't make such decision.
And that is a problem.