RE: multiple domain hosting

On 5/11/07, Glen Vickers <ldwraith@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm having some difficulty using the virtual domain hosting on my server.  I have setup the virtual domains but it doesn't seem to recognize the two domains as they come in.  Here's my config.  What am I missing?

Looks a lot like the way I did it except I don't have the <Directory> entries in httpd.conf  I have then within the respeective vhost file though I don't know that that makes a difference.

One thing I note is that you are using:
ServerName 192.168.1.10:80

which puts your server on a local network. Unless you have a local nameserver that resolves your 2 virtual hosts to the same ip I don't see how the requsts will get to your server.
Here's what the apache docs say:
"Name-based virtual hosting is usually simpler, since you need only configure your DNS server to map each hostname to the correct IP address and then configure the Apache HTTP Server to recognize the different hostnames. "

What do the various apache logs say when you try to access the virtual domains? Anything?

Good luck.
Johnny

I checked the logs but didn’t see anything about it not working.  Only the restarts.  I have DNS running on the same box as the Apache server so the resolution happens there and nslookup or host and all that work just fine.  I wonder if I change the ServerName to the host name rather than IP if that’d make a difference…