URI / SSL help please

Okay I have SSL up and working just fine on Apache 2.2.4.

    I have my Cert for 'mydomain.com' however when people access 'www.mydomain.com' the browser says that the CA didn't issue the certificate for the domain that the browser is accessing.  Obviously this is due to the 'www.'.

    Now, I need to know how to fix that?  How do I truncate 'www.' out of the URI before Apache processes the request?  Or maybe its a redirect?  Please help ... I am going NUTS!

P.S
I have a mod_rewrite condition that will kick all :80 over to :443 (so if you access the site using http:// it automatically goes to https://)

-Thanks,

Ryan

Confidentiality notice: The information included in this e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, distribution or similar action is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the original message immediately.