Re: LDAP / Active Directory Authentication problem.

Nobody can help me ?
Nobody else has this problem ? I can't imagine that's an apache bug :)

Should I ask my users not to use special chars in their password ? :(

Thanks

Christophe BOULAIN a écrit :
Hi

Anybody has an idea for my problem ?
I tried ti sniff ldap packets, and I noticed that apache does not encode
the password in UTF-8 : a 'é' in password is encode E9 (iso code), and
when I try the same thing with LDAPSEARCH, the same letter is encoded
C3E9 (utf-8 code)

Is this relative to mod_ldap, or to apache configuration ?

Thanks. I really need to authenticate my users ;)

Christophe BOULAIN a écrit :

Hi,

I am trying to set up a reverse authenticated proxy for an internal site
of my company.
The authentication is done on a Microsoft Active Directory
Everything works almost fine, but I'm running into problem when users
has special chars (ex accentued letters) in their password. They are
rejected with an invalid password.

When I try to bind to ldap with a such user with ldapsearch command, if
the password is UTF-8 encoded, it's ok, if not, password is rejected

How can I tell apache to use UTF-8 when doing authentification, or to
convert the username/password to UTF-8 before binding to ldap ?
I already try to set AddDefaultCharset to utf-8, but that doesn(t help.

Server info : Gentoo Linux, apache-2.0.59

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Christophe.