Server Side Inluces Issue Apache 2.2.3

Hi,

We recently upgraded apache from 1.3.31 to apache 2.2.3.

Older version works well with server side includes and parsing htm file
to shtm files.

However with new version when we try to access a link from another
domain with a link to pointing to http://domain.gov/foo/foo.htm does not
load the page. I am assuming when the url is accessed the browser treats
the .htm as .shtm and load the page, the same link when used on older
version works well.

Any idea what could be the reason for parsing not to work in apache
2.2.3

New version conf is a below.

#<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs">
<Directory "/usr/www/ftc">
    #
    # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
    # or any combination of:
    #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
MultiViews
    #
    # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options
All"
    # doesn't give it to you.
    #
    # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please
see
    # http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#options
    # for more information.
    #
    Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes

#
# DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
# is requested.
#
<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp index.shtml index.shtm
</IfModule>

    #
    # Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the
client.
    #
    # To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):
    # (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)
    #
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
    AddType text/html .shtm