NTOP with Apache 1.3

Im trying to get NTOP v2.3 running through Apache 1.3 without much success. Let me start off saying I am a complete novice to Apache configurations, so my only modifications are done with reference to the NTOP documents to run it through a reverse proxy using Apache 2.x.

Here is my current configuration
NTOP installed in:

~/htdocs/app/api/ntop/

This is the NTOP root and this contains a ./bin directory with the executables, ./db for the database data

It is called from that route via:

./bin/ntop -w0 -W3000 -P db/
which sets the secure port address at 3000 and the database folder to ./db

To call this program on a PC without apache, you simply open a web browser to the PC's IP:port and it fires up, ie, 192.168.1.5:3000.

Here is where I am stuck. According to the NTOP documentation, the httpd.conf needs to be modified as follows for Apache 2.0 (again, I am using 1.3):

Now, my questions revolve around the ProxyPass and ProxyHTMLURLMap directives. How would I redirect the port to find my NTOP?
In the ProxyPass field, would I change /ntop/ to the full path where it is located? A similar question for ProxyHTMLURLMap syntax, would the / resolve to the PC's root or just the htdocs root from above?  My NTOP is not located on the PC / root, so in both those lines, / and /ntop/plugins/ntop isn't exactly where it is located. Should these paths resolve to the paths on the PC or just to what the webserver sees?
#### NTOP (PROXY REVERSE) ########

ProxyHTMLLogVerbose On
LogLevel warn
ProxyHTMLExtended On

ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>

ProxyPass /ntop/ http://localhost:3000/
ProxyPassReverse /ntop/ http://localhost:3000/

<Location /ntop/>
SetOutputFilter proxy-html
ProxyHTMLURLMap / /ntop/ ProxyHTMLURLMap /ntop/plugins/ntop/ /ntop/plugins/
RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
</Location>