Re: apache reverse proxy refused to transfer gzip-compressed soap

On 4/5/07, tu enping <tuenping@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Scenario 1 --- c provides uncompressed data
Scenario 2 --- c provides gzip-compressed chunk data
Scenario 3 --- c provides gzip-compressed unchunk data

In both scenario 1 and 2, client can receive data well. However, in scenario
3, client can not receive data. Therefore, I tried to compare scenario 2 and
3 on soap envelope sent by c and soap envelope received by a. For data sent
by c, scenario 2 has a hex number right before the compressed binary block,
while scenario 3 does not have. Seems this hex number is length of binary
block. For data recieved by a, in scenario 3, a received compressed data
with content-length 0.

I wonder if apache http server in b tries to interpret soap content and get
no content-length, then apache puts some content-length=0 to repsonse
header. In fact, I only need b works as a bridge, simply transfering
whatever from c to a without any modification.

Is my problem caused by apache modifying content-length in response header?
Is there any way to make apache only pass through data from c just as is?

In general, an apache operating in proxy mode will not care at all
about what is in the data, so I think you are looking in the wrong
place for your problem.

The problem is the Content-Length header being set to zero. Have you
checked the content-length header on the response from the origin to
the proxy (c to b in your notation)? What does it contain?

Joshua.