apache threads

Is there a way (a command!) to display apache threads while it is  running.
I'd like to know how many threads are only for SSL connections?
I've no MaxThreads directive in my httpd.conf and neither in my ssl.conf.
So I think the default is 2048 but....this means 1024 threads for connections on port 80 and 1024 threads for connection on port 443.

I'm a problem in these days with apache I've some pages with a lot of images.
When my system  is busy very for a lot of workload we have notice that the number of seconds for serving an images in https is very high and the server become very slow while we have no the same problem in http.

I'm thinking about a misconfiguration in my ssl.conf. I've crypto hardware accelerator.................

Please let me know

Thanks in advance

manuciao

Qualsiasi utilizzo non autorizzato del presente messaggio nonché dei suoi allegati è vietato e potrebbe costituire reato. Se ha ricevuto per errore il presente messaggio, Le saremmo grati se ci inviasse, via e-mail, una comunicazione al riguardo e provvedesse nel contempo alla distruzione del messaggio stesso e dei suoi eventuali allegati. Le dichiarazioni contenute nel presente messaggio nonche' nei suoi eventuali allegati devono essere attribuite al mittente e non possono essere necessariamente considerate come autorizzate da SSB S.p.A.; le medesime dichiarazioni non impegnano SSB S.p.A. nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi. SSB S.p.A. non si assume alcuna responsabilita' per eventuali intercettazioni, modifiche o danneggiamenti del presente messaggio e-mail.
Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is prohibited and could constitute an offence. If you are not the intended addressee please advise immediately the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and destroy the message and its attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily represent those of SSB S.p.A. Besides, The contents of this message shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by SSB S.p.A.. SSB S.p.A. does not accept liability for corruption, interception or amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.