Configuring handler for exact location

Hello!

I need to configure a handler which will process ONLY / url.
for example
http://www.domain.dom/ is handled by handler
as well as http://www.domain.dom

but  http://www.domain.dom/images or
http://www.domain.dom/admin is not handled by
the handler (handler is eather cgi script or
mod_perl script)

However, http://www.domain.dom/Proc is also handled
by the same handler.

Why i need it:

This is big mod_perl (or cgi, can run both modes)
which handles all interactive behaviour and page fetching.

I also shown the first page, but then all links
point to http://www.domain.dom/Proc/Something

However this is also static data like images.

So, currently here is what i do:
ScriptAlias /Proc "/hosts/domain.dom/cgi-bin/pub/Public"

Public - is the script, which handles all requests for pages.

The i create index.html with SSI command
<!--#include virtual="/Proc" -->

So, when user get the index page it return the default page from the script.

I don't want to use redirect because this was index would not exist at all,
it'll be just a redirect. Bad for SEO.

However this SSI trick sucks too because if i want to set cookies it will not
work from SSI.

This is why i need / uri to be handled by the script, but not the other
dirs (images,admin,jscript,...). Maybe there is a way to set global handles but
list uri exeptions?

I am using Apache 2.1 under freebsd, if it matters.

--
Artem