reverse proxy configuration help needed

I am working on setting up apache as a reverse proxy for a kiosk
system I am developing.  The basic reverse proxy is working, but it
does not appear to be caching the requests to the hard drive. I have
included my httpd.conf, I was hoping that someone might point out to
me what I have configured wrong.  Also, do you see anything that is
not needed?  I am looking for a bare bones setup, like I said it is
for a tightly controlled kiosk system.
ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
ServerRoot "C:/Apache2.2"

Listen 80

LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
LoadModule file_cache_module modules/mod_file_cache.so
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so

LoadModule cache_module modules/mod_cache.so
LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so

ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass        /   http://127.0.0.1:8042/
ProxyPassReverse /   http://127.0.0.1:8042/

CacheRoot "C:/Apache2.2/proxy"