Re: Dual Apache Installations on a Mac

I have a follow up question...

If I can access phpMyAdmin at http://localhost:8888/MAMP/frame.php?src="">, does that PROVE that at least one version of Apache is running, or is it possible to view that page in a browser even without a server?

I did some more research and tried an experiment, that ends either by typing "sudo killall httpd" into Terminal, then restarting only my newer (MAMP) Apache installation or by simply going into System Preferences and turning off Web Sharing. In either event, I can still view phpMyAdmin at
http://localhost:8888/MAMP/frame.php?src="">

And if I open up my MAMP icon and kill my Apache and MySQL servers, then I can no longer view phpMyAdmin. So my second Apache version must be working, right? If that's the case, then all I have to do is figure out why my virtual hosts aren't working with the newer Apache version, and I should be back in business.

Thanks.

Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with
the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.